Saturday 22 February 2014

Paint Splatter Nail Art

Hey guys!

I’ve been so busy lately and haven’t had chance to blog to you, so I thought I'd treat you to a nail art design that I adore!
As you may know I am a massive nail varnish junkie, wearing polish at any given time. I also love to try out nail art designs on my nails at home (when I have a spare few minutes) recently I have been creating a paint splatter effect.
This is a really fun and easy design, you can use any colours that take your fancy and you can mix it up too! Creating this effect isn’t hard either these are the two ways that I’ve found most effective;

1 )   The straw; I usually pick about 5 – 7 different colours, depending on how adventurous I’m feeling. Then taking the same amount of straws I cut them just over half way. Once this is done it’s time to put a base coat on and then a base colour, I usually pick white as it makes the colours pop. Depending on how messy I’m feeling I will either carry on or put sticky tape around my nails and up my fingers to stop nail varnish getting everywhere!! You then simply dip the straws into each polish colour and blow through the straw onto your nail. Adding more colours each time!

2 ) The tooth pick; Using a tooth pick instead of straws is a less messy way of creating this effect but still really effective, you still need a range of colours, a base coat and a base colour. Then using the toothpick blob some colour onto a piece of paper, dip the toothpick into the polish and apply it to the nail in any way you like!

3 )  Add a topcoat to the nails after once they are dry to ensure your design stays put and shines! I would also highly recommend doing this design on a surface that can be protected well!!

I really love this effect and I have it on my nails a lot, just because it can be so versatile, using different colours, glitters and gems, and mixing the design up to match an event I like Halloween, or Christmas! It’s easy and you don’t need to be a good artist or professional nail painter either to get an amazing finish!

Have you got any nail polishes or designs that you love too? Let me know! 

Violet's Wishbone xx

10 comments:

  1. these are lovely! I also love nails too. Never thought about using a straw to get this effect! I normally use a tooth pick:-) would be great to see how you store your nail varnishes? sorry if you've already done a post on it x
    http://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Using a straw does get a really great effect! I usually use a tooth pick too! Yes I will have to show you guys how I store my polishes (in a very untidy way...ooops)

      Violet's Wishbone xx

      Delete
  2. your nails look awesome. cool post!

    www.weshareinterest.net

    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nails are amazing!
    Love your blog.

    Have a wonderful day.

    xoxo
    Kelly

    http://www.we-heart-fashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Kelly! I really like your blog too!

    Violet's Wishbone xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing.!!! www.katesperks.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kate! Your blog is really cool!

      Violet's Wishbone xx

      Delete